A Thank You Worth Its Weight in Gold

My oldest son starts kindergarten tomorrow! Sorta...

He will be attending a private kindergarten, but due to his age, he will have to repeat kindergarten next year for the public school system.  We are a little disappointed but at least he will be advanced for his age.  I've had to adjust my mind set.  I'm considering this K-4 for him.

Either way, he is leaving his current classroom and teachers.  These two teachers have been amazing and I can not thank them enough for all they have done for Timothy!  He had some serious teacher trust issues and they have helped him get past it.  I am so appreciative of them.  At the end of summer party I gave them a card and gift card as a small token of our thankfulness.

My card was inspired by this card I found on Pinterest.  When I saw it, I knew immediately what I had in my stash to recreate a similar card.

Here's my take:

A different view (the glittering gold makes it hard to photograph)

These cards use a variety of Stampin' Up!, Papertrey Ink, and other products.   The ribbon looks more yellow in the pictures but it had a gold gleam to it.  It started off as white Stampin' Up! seam binding and I sprayed it with Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  Compared to the glittery gold, it doesn't quite compare.  If I do the card again, I would leave out the bow.  Instead I would do another Strawberry Slush strip along the bottom and some smaller embellishment in the corner - maybe some bling, enamel dots, sequin...

The teachers enjoyed the cards and in the end that's what really matters!

TFL and keep creating!

Supplies:
Pattern paper from the Papertrey Ink Beautful Brushstrokes Make It Market Kit
Gold glitter embossing powder Recollections at Michael's
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Bottles for Crafting, Gold


Comments