Stampin' Up Coloring Part 1: Hello There using Stampin' Write Markers

Please forgive my tardiness for this week's Stampin' Up only card.  I've been working on several projects.  One I'll share with you this week.  Another I can't share yet and hopefully (cross your fingers!) I won't be able to share until the magazine is published!  That's right I submitted a card for publication.  Hopefully, my card gets selected, but even if it doesn't I LOVED the way the card turned out.  If it doesn't get selected, I'll share it here sometime in the next few weeks.  If not, I'll let you know when the magazine comes out!!

Anyway, on to last week's card...

This card is part of a series I will be doing about the coloring capabilities of Stampin' Up products.  In case, you haven't heard, SU will soon be releasing a new line of markers called Blendabilities.  These are alcohol markers, like Copics.  I will talk more about them when I show you the Blendabilities card.  SU still carries their Stampin' Write Markers which also work great for coloring.  The main differences between the markers and Blendabilities is the ability to shade or blend (hence the name) colors.  That doesn't make the existing markers any less useful though.  I created a one-layer card using one of the great new hostess stamps and colored the flowers with various Stampin' Write Markers.



Beautiful, right?  To help the sentiment stand out more, I ended up embossing it in gold.  Love the way it turned out and excited to see how the other variations turn out.  Since I didn't take pictures during the process, I will share a photo tutorial on a later post showing a different coloring technique.  (And the yellow/gold smudge around "there", not sure what happened since it isn't on the card.)

There you have it - a beautiful, hand colored card using regular markers.  Don't feel like you have to replace your existing markers with the new Blendabilities.  You still can create gorgeous items with them.  Now, if you want to add the Blendabilities to your collection, well, that's a different story...one I'll be happy to help you with!

TFL and keep creating!

Supplies (all items are from Stampin' Up unless noted otherwise):
Stamp Set: Hello There, I Like You

Comments