Pinterest Inspired - Minnie Mouse Card


I was asked to make a card for a very important 6th birthday.  Her party theme was Minnie Mouse.  Since this card was from her parents, I had to do a good job and I had NO creative mojo.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!  I did a search for Minnie Mouse cards and was drawn to this one...

Source: etsy.com via Cassaundra on Pinterest

I inspired by Minnie's famous red and white polka dots, the mouse ear silhouette, and the middle strips.  I used all of those items in a slightly different way.  Below is my take.



Supplies: Yellow pattern paper, black paper, ear die cut (CM), white card stock and red polka dot ribbon (Michaels), red ruffle ribbon (SU), chipboard 6 and red glitter (craft supply)

You can see the red with white polka dots were used for Minnie's bow, her signature red, white, and black colors were incorporated in the middle strips.  The die cut I had was too large to mat on a circle, but that turned out to be a good thing.  It gave me a great place to place the "6" for the birthday girl.

The birthday girl enjoyed it.  What do you think?

TFL and keep creating!

Comments