Card Catch Up - Mother's Day Clean and Simple

I found a picture of this Mother's Day card that I never posted.  My mom loves her leopard print.  It is something she is known for in our family.  I love teasing her about it.  So when I found leopard print paper, I had to get it to make something for her.  Luckily, Mother's Day had been right around the corner. 

This clean and simple card is so very easy to recreate and versatile. 


Supplies: Kraft cardstock, black cardstock, pattern paper, black ribbon (craft supply), black pen, Sweetheart punch (Creative Memories), foam square tape (Recollections)

To make your own version:
  1. Cut cardstock (4 1/4" x 11") for card base.  Score at 5 1/2" and fold to make card.
  2. Wrap black ribbon across top of card front and tie bow.
  3. Punch pattern paper and solid cardstock hearts.  
  4. Layer hearts and pop up the smallest heart.
  5. Handwrite sentiment.
There you have it!  I told you it was simple!  By handwriting your sentiment, you can use this card for any occasion - birthday, bridal shower, etc.  In scrapbooks, there is an importance to include your handwriting for others to see, to help remember you - the memory keeper.  I truly believe this and think it is equally important in card-making.  My mom loved her card and one of her first comments - "I can't believe you wrote the title.  Your handwriting is so pretty!" 

So don't be afraid to use your handwriting! Not only will the receiver know the card is unique and handcrafted by you, but you can customize any sentiment (saving you money)!

TFL and keep creating! 

Comments

  1. What a pretty card, Cassaundra!

    I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? I would love to hear what you think!