Milk and Donuts First Birthday Invite



Well, this cool guy, my baby, turned 1 a week ago; thus, my absence from the blog.  I've been busy planning and putting together his party.

I decided on a milk and donuts theme just to do something a little different from milk and cookies.  Plus, he doesn't have a lot of teeth yet, so I wanted to serve food he could actually eat.  Boy, did he love donuts! Once I get the pictures off my camera, I'll share the party decor with you.

For now, I'll share his invitations.

The donut stamp is from a retired Stampin' Up! set that I've had forever and never actually used.  I've contemplated selling it before, but for some reason always held on.  I was so glad I did!  To color the donut image I used ink (retired colors - Brocade Blue and Creamy Caramel) and a blender pen - quick and easy coloring.

Since I was mass producing the invites, I didn't want to use my good Stampin' Up! vellum.  Instead I used some cheaper, thinner vellum I already had.  The first sheet printed with no  problems.  Then my printer refused to print on any other sheet.  Drove me crazy! I kept trying all these different tricks - nada!  Finally, I decided to try the Stampin' Up! vellum.  Viola!  Worked like a charm!  The thicker vellum was exactly what my printer needed.  No need to spend extra money at Kinko's.

Because I printed on vellum, the blue of his name came out a lighter than planned.  Technically it should match the blue ink I used, Marina Mist.  On his party decor, when I printed on cardstock, the color matched perfectly.  You can find the RGB or HEX codes for any Stampin' Up! color, simply by googling "stampin up rgb codes".  HERE is a link to file I use.

For fun, I also stamped the envelope.  I often do that for any card I make.  I figure if I take the time to make the card, why not make the envelope fun too?

Simple, fun, easy birthday invites.  You could easily change this up to match any theme.  Different colors and a different icon in the circle and you have your own invitation!

TFL and keep creating!


Comments