Joy!

I have been on a creative roll lately and not just making cards!  I actually made a scrapbook layout – not Project Life/pocket page style…an old school 12 x 12 layout. 

Last month the My Mind’s Eye June Challenge was to use flair.  Luckily, I had just received my order of the MME Market Street lines including flair.  Around that same time, I had pinned this layout sketch:


Perfect for incorporating some flair right?

I also had recently taken some photos of my youngest in the morning light that I love.  I was itching to scrapbook them.  Love it when everything falls into place.  Now, the only problem was finding time to make it happen.  It took a while longer than I hoped and I didn't finish in time for the challenge, but here’s the page:




I don’t feel like I’m good at clustering and layering, so I really tried to focus on that on this page.  It is definitely out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes I look at the page and think the top is too busy, other times, it is perfect.  I struggled getting the clusters right and there was lots of rearranging (the engineer in me needed symmetry and balance).  Let me know what you think in the comments.  Too many embellishments, just right, or not enough?

In the end though, the page is fun and playful and emulates the joy this kid has.  Quick to smile, that happiness rarely goes away.  He is joy!

TFL and keep creating!

Supplies:

Comments