Hello Octopus!

Ok, so I might be a little obsessed with Stampin' Up's new Sea Street stamp set. I promise to branch out into other stamp sets soon!

For this card I used a few different stamp sets and the new Blendabilities markers.  I wanted to show another use for Blendabilities besides coloring stamped images.



I used the new Coastal Cabana Blendabilities to create the water, drawing waving lines with the three different shades.  I also used the Old Olive Blendabilities on the "seaweed" (branch from the bird punch) to add some detail.   I stamped the anchor repeatedly on the front card base just to add interest.  The white strip on the right side...well, that was initially a mistake.  I scored the card wrong, but didn't realize it until I was finished and folded the card. To make the front and back even, I added the white strip which I also embossed.  The stripe pattern goes with the stripes on the frame.  The elements are put together at various heights to create visual depth.

I must confess, I really wish there was a matching framelit for the Sea Street stamp set.  The octopus would look so much better if the cutting was more detailed.

There you have it!  I hope you enjoyed this week's Stampin' Up only card.  I loved how it ended up and already know who I'm going to send it to.  

TFL and keep creating!

Supplies (all from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder, Blackberry Bliss
Stamp Sets: Sea Street, Perfect Pennants
Accessories: Coastal Cabana Blendabilities, Old Olive Blendabilities, Builder Bird punch, On Film framelits, Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Comments