Hey Mom, Watch This! - MME May Sketch Challenge

I've been itching to get back in to doing challenges. It helps me to feel accomplished. I'm getting pages or cards done and my work is getting out for all to see. When I saw the May Sketch Challenge at My Mind's Eye, I really wanted to participate and do a layout. For so long now, I've been doing cards, home decor and party decor because I needed it. It was nice to get back to scrapbooking without a need. Here is May's sketch:
Here is my take:
 photo IMG_7485_zpse7cf6a41.jpg
Supplies: Pattern paper, felt and cardstock stickers, brad, chipboard accents (MME - Boy Crazy), enamel dots (MME - Kate & Co), wood arrow (Studio Calico) Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Letter stickers (Fancy Pants), paint (Ranger), Silhouette

Here's some closer looks at the details:


I did not have a large ampersand already made, but thanks to my Silhouette, creating one was not hard.  I had some thin chipboard which I painted to match the colors in the papers.  

"We're quite a pair!" was cut from a larger 12x12 sheet.  The "boy crazy" arrow was actually the leftover trim from background sheet.  You know, the extra piece at the bottom that identifies the company, line, and has the SKU?  Yep, that is that piece right there.  Cool, right?  And the perfect compliment to this page and how this momma feels about her children.   I am definitely BOY CRAZY!

TFL and keep creating!


Comments