Pinterest Inspired: Easter Wreath

Easter is quickly approaching, so I wanted to share with you the Easter wreath I made to celebrate!

My design was based on this pin:



I really loved this idea and thought it would be perfect for Easter.  It would be a great way to incorporate both the non-religious and religious symbols of Easter.  I like to celebrate the "fun" aspects of Easter - egg hunts, bunnies, etc, but also wanted a reminder of the Christian aspect.

Here's my take:
Supplies: Frame, eggs, yellow burlap ribbon (Michael's), Mint Chip paint (Martha Stewart), So Saffron striped ribbon (Stampin' Up), cross (Hobby Lobby), hot glue gun or E6000 adhesive

The wreath came together rather quickly.  I used one coat of mint green (my current favorite color) paint to cover the unfinished frame from Michael's.  While that was drying, I made my bow out of the wired burlap ribbon.  Michael's has this ribbon in a variety of pastel colors perfect for spring or Easter.  I added my cross to the center of the bow.  Originally I hot glued the cross, but it fell off after a few days.  I reapplied the cross using E6000 adhesive.  I cut varying lengths of the striped ribbon to hang the eggs.  I went with yellow stripes to match the bow.   Then I hot glued the ribbon and the bow to the frame.  Final step was to hang on the door.


There you have it!  Quick and easy. Seriously...the most time consuming was waiting for the paint to dry.  

If you have any questions, let me know.  

TFL and keep creating!

Comments