Sweet Baby Card

Where does the time go?  I can't believe it is has been months since my last post.  Raising three awesome boys and working has kept me busy.  Fortunately I've been able to sneak in some crafting here and there - usually when it's a necessity.  For instance, this card accompanied a baby shower gift.  Our good friends are expecting a second child, a boy this time.  All babies are cause for celebrations, but we really didn't want Baby Boy to have to wear his sister's hand-me-downs.

This card came together quickly using journaling cards. The 4x6 size didn't quite fit the card base I had chosen, so there was some trimming and adding to do.  The pattern paper you see is actually two different journaling cards though.  Can't get much easier than that!  I had some coordinating stickers which I used to add the word "baby" and create the banner.  To give some dimension to the card, I backed the "Loved & Adored" banner sticker on gray cardstock.  The new banner was then adhered to the card using foam squares.

Supplies: Card base (craft supply), Simple Stories Baby Boy Sn@p! Double-Sided Card Pack and Sticker Pack, Smokey Slate cardstock (Stampin' Up)

For the actual gift, I decided to brush off the old sewing machine.  I made a flannel receiving blanket and a matching burp towel.  I did not take any pictures of the finished products, so you'll have to settle for this one of the blanket in progress.  It is actually pretty close to being finished here - I just needed to top stitch.
Supplies: 2 yards each of a flannel print and solid (will make the blanket, burp cloth, plus more), matching thread)

TFL and keep creating!

Comments