A Dart to My Heart

My husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary at the end of October.  I can't believe we've been married that long already.  Time goes by so quickly, especially now that we are chasing after 3 handsome boys.  For his birthday back in September, I had attempted to get him a new set of darts.  Well, that didn't go over so well and they were exchanged for a pair of new workout shoes.  I decided to try again and do some online dart shopping.  Apparently darts come in different weights.  Instead of picking the wrong set AGAIN, I took the easy way out and just got him a gift card.  He hates gift cards - thinks it is a thoughtless gift.  To show I put some thought into it, I did research and suggested a particular dart set for him. The only reason I didn't purchase the set was because I was unsure of the weight.  This appeased him.  Plus this gave me an excuse to make a cute card to hold the gift card and to use my totally awesome anniversary gift.  

You see, my husband does put a lot of thought into his gift purchases.  For our anniversary, I always receive at least one gift that follows the anniversary gift list.  The modern gift for the 7th anniversary is desk sets.  He thought the perfect desk set for me would be a new Silhouette Cameo!!  I was so excited!!  He even gave it to me early so I had a weekend to play.  Does this man know me or what? 

Using my new Silhouette Cameo, I made this anniversary card for him.  I created the dart cut file from a free png file I googled.  It was so easy to do!  The sun burst paper is actually from a Project Life kit.  The heart is a wood piece I colored with distress stain and then covered with a Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (just to give it a little shimmer).  To make the dart realistic, I dry embossed the yellow piece with an argyle folder and then inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.  I also cut an extra tail piece that I adhered the center and folded up the edges.  I wrote the number "7" on each tail piece as a reminder of what anniversary we were celebrating.



Supplies: Black, yellow, silver, and blue cardstock (craft supply), wooden heart (Studio Calico), Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush marker (Zig), journal card (Project Life), Smitty's ABCs (Lawn Fawn), Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger), Fired Brick Distress Stain and Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Argyle Embossing folder (Stampin' Up)

A simple, masculine card for my husband that he enjoyed.

TFL and keep creating!

Comments