Pinterest Inspired - A Wedding Card

Today I wanted to share a wedding card I made for a co-worker.  The wedding colors were purple and black and I didn't want the card to be "girly" since it was for a guy.  I really liked these cards I found on Pinterest.




I combined the two ideas to create this card....
Supplies: Black cardstock (Recollections), Wisteria Wonder cardstock, embossing powder, Medallion stamp, Monogram stamp, Together Forever stamp, Wisteria Wonder ink (SU), circle punch (CM), black rhinestones (Kaisercraft), foam square adhesive (craft supply)
I love the monogram in the center of the medallion, which is also popped up.  Also the photograph doesn't capture the beauty of Wisteria Wonder from Stampin' Up.  It is such a beautiful color - a grayish purple. Subtle and not overpowering like darker or brighter purples, but not pastel like a lavender.

A few of us in the office had pitched in to get him a gift card as well.  On the left inside panel, I created a small pocket to hold the gift card.  On the right side, I add a square Wisteria Wonder panel that I left blank.  This left ample space for everyone to sign the card.

My co-workers liked it and so did the groom.  He was a little confused when I said I need to take a picture of it before he went home.  Then he cracked up after lunch before we got into our building, I pull my SLR out my bag and said "Let's take the picture real quick."  He wasn't expecting a big camera and me to be so serious about the lighting.

TFL and keep creating!

Comments