Mother's Day Cards (Long Post)

This year, I actually started on my Mother's Day Cards early and made 14 cards to send out!  I wanted to recognize not only my own Mom, but also my Aunts and Godmother.  Each of them have played a vital role in developing me into the mother I am today.  For that I am extremely grateful.  I also wanted to send a note out to my close friends who are mom themselves.  For a couple of them, it is their first Mother's Day, so I really wanted to let them know I was thinking of them of this special occasion.

I wanted to make all the cards similar but each unique since I was making so many.  The majority of cards would follow a design from my Stamp Club.  Except that my Mom, an Aunt, my Godmother, and a good friend were in the same Stamp Club with me.  So they needed special cards.  Then my Mom gave my other Aunt the card we made in Stamp Club, so I couldn't give her a repeat card either!  The more I thought about  the more I wanted my Mom's card to be special as well.  I ended up with 3 different designs then.

With that out of the way, the next part was to pick paper and embellishments.  To quicken the process, I broke out my My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pads I had been hoarding.  If Mother's Day cards weren't a good enough reason to finally use my papers, nothing ever would be!  Most of the cards use the Indie Chic Saffron 6x6 paper pad or the Indie Chic Citron 6x6 paper pad.  It was so easy matching papers with a pre-coordinated paper pad!

This first group of cards were inspired by this card from Pinterest.

The embossed honeycomb just spoke to me!  Since I mailed all my cards and I was making 3 copies, I decided against the metal brad and rosette.  Instead I just tied a simple bow.

  
Supplies:  Blank white card and envelope (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Citron), label punch, stamp, ink, and ribbon (Stampin' Up) 


The next set of cards were inspired from a card I made at Stamp Club.  It was such a sweet, simple design I knew it would be perfect for mass producing.  And, I love making these little dresses.  Again, to keep things quick, I used one paper pad and a handful of different embossing folders.  Most of these have matching envelopes.  Also, if you they weren't stamped on the outside, then the sentiment is on the inside of the card.

  
Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, rhinestones (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Dress it Up framelit, Flower Garden embossing folder, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up) 



Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, rhinestones (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Dress it Up framelit, Elegant Lines embossing folder, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up) 


  
Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, rhinestones (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Dress it Up framelit, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up) 





Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, rhinestones (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Dress it Up framelit, Framed Tulips embossing folder, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up) 





Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, rhinestones (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Dress it Up framelit, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up) 


This next card was supposed to my Mom's card, but it turned out more pink than lavender.  I really did like the look though and decided not to waste it.  So my Mom and an Aunt got similar cards.  The technique is super easy, which I learned about on Pinterest.  Here is the inspiration pin...



I embossed some vellum and then on the back side I used my Copics to quickly color.  You don't have to be perfect with the coloring or spend a lot of time on it.  The result is a very subdued watercolor effect.  Don't you just love it?


   
Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, vellum (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Flower Garden embossing folder, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up), seam binding (Snug Hug), assorted markers (Copic), white cardstock (Recollections)


This is the card I ended up sending to my Mom. In some ways it doesn't look as fancy as the other cards, especially since my paper choices were more subtle.  But to me, it is more her and that's what the day is all about - her!   

  
Supplies:  Blank white card/envelope, vellum (my craft supply), pattern paper (MME Indie Chic Saffron), Flower Garden embossing folder, stamp, and ink (Stampin' Up), seam binding (Snug Hug), assorted markers (Copic), white cardstock (Recollections)

I hoped you enjoyed your Mother's Day and thanks for sticking with me for this entire post!  Each card was its own beauty that I had to share.

TFL and keep creating!

Comments