A Diaper Shower (Yes, I know it's been almost a year!)

Besides honoring and thanking all the men and women who have served or currently serve our country on Memorial Weekend, we also get to celebrate Jacob's first birthday.  Before I post pictures of his party, I figured I should finally share with you the shower we had in his honor.

To welcome the arrival of Jacob, my wonderful mom and aunts gave us a diaper shower.  All babies deserve to be celebrated whether they are the first, second, or tenth child (not that I'm planning for that many).  Since Jacob was our second boy, a diaper shower seemed most appropriate.  We had plenty of clothes and toys, but the disposable items - like diapers and wipes - were the most needed.   Once we decided on that, planning the party and theme was easy.

First on the agenda - invitations.  We wanted to incorporate a diaper as the invite.   I found several cute templates online, but those required hand cutting.  I wanted something quicker and easier - something I could do on my Cricut.   Using the Cricut Craft Room and the Creative Memories Stork's Delivery cartridge, I designed a diaper template with cut and fold lines.  Then I simply had the Cricut cut the design, I folded on the score lines, and taped the flaps down.  My diaper card was done!

Unfortunately, I didn't do a test card before I bought materials.  I had planned for 4 cards per 12" x 12" card stock.  To make that work, the diapers ended up much smaller than we intended.  Never fear though!  We decided to just make a rectangular piece that would slide inside the diaper.   This piece would contain the party information.

Here's the finished invite...

Supplies: Blue card stock (Bazzill), cream card stock (Recollections),Night, Night Moon stamp set (Papertrey Ink), Introducing stamp set (SU), button (Doodlebug Designs), Stork's Delivery (Cricut), Spice Tin ink pad (Jenni Bowlin/Ranger)

Aren't they too cute??  If you want to make your own version, click here for the Cricut Craft Room file.  With this file you can change the size and have your Cricut do most of the dirty work.  You will need to download the file onto your computer.  Then when you open Cricut Craft Room, simply import the file. With this file and the Stork's Delivery cartridge, you will be creating diaper cards in no time!

As for the rest of the party, we went for simple and cozy. 
  • A small cake with a diapered baby topper
  • In small pails next to the cake we had cake pops, which also served as the party favors. I added a rosette done in various baby boy papers to each pail.
  • For the edible fruit arrangement, I made a small pennant with Jacob's name.
  • Hanging from the chandelier are some handmade tissue flowers.







Aunt Jackie, Me, Jacob, Aunt Jeanette, and Mom (Roxanne)

Thanks to my mom and aunts for throwing a wonderful shower!
TFL and keep creating!

Comments