Thank You Teacher! (With the Potty Training)

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!  It was nice to have the extra day off to spend with my boys.  The hubby came back from a week long golf tournament and it was nice to have him back.  Timothy really missed him!  Speaking of which, I *think* we had a major break-thru with potty training.  Going #1 hasn't been an issue (although on Friday it was - pretty sure he was acting out because he was missing Daddy).  On Sunday, we thought we were going down a disastrous road of hiding accidents (going #2 in the potty hasn't been so easy).  He turned it around on Monday morning.  I went upstairs to gather clothes for everyone for the day.  When I got back downstairs, Timothy was not in the living room where he had been playing and it was quiet - too quiet.  I thought I was in for some trouble.  I called out for him and he yelled back that he was on the potty.  I found him and he was finishing up his business.  He had gone all on his own!  I was so excited!  We did a celebration dance and made several phone calls.  It was an exciting moment!!   There were no accidents for the rest of the day.  Crossing my fingers it continues today.

While we have been going thru this process, I have been very thankful for his teachers at daycare.  First, they have carried the brunt of training.  Second, they have been encouraging us when we get frustrated.  (They do have way more experience than us.)  Third, they put up with a lot.  I mean, when I drop off Timothy in the morning, I get surrounded by crying kids asking where their mommy/daddy is.  It's enough to drive me a little bonkers for the 10 minutes I'm there.  And they handle it all with ease - calming the children, distracting them, and not getting flustered - every day.  I imagine they get paid less than or equal to teachers and they are excellent with the kids. 

So I decided to make each teacher (there are 3 for his room) a "Thank You" card with a gift card included.  I plan to give them cards periodically just to let them know that this particular parent recognizes and appreciates their hard work.

As an added bonus, these cards will fit into a couple of challenges - CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: Back to School


and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes.
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog 

Here is the first card...


Supplies: Pattern papers, badge (Old School by Pink Paislee), Thank you rub-on (craft supply), alpha stickers (Cosmo Cricket), corner rounder (CM), adhesive (Bazzill)

TFL and keep creating!

Comments

  1. Well, those teachers absolutely deserve this beautiful cards! Day care teachers helped me a lot too when went trough potty training with my son. And I love the argyle paper you used too :)
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card!! It will be greatly appreciated by your son's teacher!! My 23yr old daughter works in at a daycare/school and has 12 one and a half year olds in her care! The job is challenging and all the things you mentioned are spot on...so nice to hear that the work that child caregivers do is truly appreciated...it IS tough work...but my daughter loves her children and caring for them!! Thanks for sharing your creativity and your thoughts at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the towel potty training method.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? I would love to hear what you think!