Fluttering By to Say Hello

While I was watching football yesterday (Yea Texans!  Get 'em next week Saints!), the CAS-ual Fridays challenge was on my mind.  A card idea came to me and right after I put the boys to sleep, I was able to quickly create my card (and not miss too much of the Sunday night game). 

The challenge this week is to create a clean and simple card using embossing.

I decided to go with dry embossing, using a Tim Holtz texture folder and some distress ink.  I did a trial run with distress stains, but that didn't work out as well as I liked. 


Supplies: white note card and envelope, foam square adhesives (craft supply), scoring board, Elementary Elegance stamp set (SU), Fountain Pen ink (Jenni Bowlin/Ranger), Squeezed Lemonade distress ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Springtime Background and Borders texture fade (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)

I typically like to create matching envelopes as well.  For this card, I embossed the back flap with the same butterflies.  As simple as it may be, it is one of my favorite cards.

As always, TFL and keep creating!

Comments

  1. Wow so beautiful. Love how you embossed the envelope. I like to create matching envelopes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous..I love the score lines...adds the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the distressing with the embossing! This is super pretty! And I love the matching envie! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWOON!! Love the simplicity and matching envelope! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? I would love to hear what you think!