Final Teacher Thank You

Although I had started this card a couple of weeks ago, I finally got to finish it last night.  It is the final "Thank You" card for my son's teachers.  You can read about how awesome they are here.

Luckily, this card also applies to the latest Young Crafters Unite! Challenge.

What did I learn?  How to color!  Very appropriate for a teacher thank you don't you think?  This is my first attempt at coloring with Copic markers.  I liked the way it turned out, but I do have two wishes.  One, I wish the image was a little larger.  Two, I wish I had more skin tone markers to give him more depth.  At least now I know what to put on my wish list!  So how about I show you the card finally??





Supplies: Patterned paper (Recollections), Recess stamp set and twine (SU), Copic markers, Blue pen (CM), foam square adhesive

I wrote a note to each teacher thanking them for all their help so far and included a Starbuck's gift card.  When we dropped Timothy off this morning, he gave each teacher their card.  They were surprised, like no parent had done this before - which surprised me and makes me a little sad.  I am sure all the other parents appreciate them too, but just like in every job, it's nice to hear it. 

Anyway, what do you think?  Not too bad, but you can see what I mean about the image needing to be bigger - especially if I want to practice my Copic coloring skills! 

TFL and keep creating!

Comments

  1. Great card, and what a fun image! Thanks for joining our YCU challenge =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? I would love to hear what you think!