You Made Our World (Pinterest Inspired)

A while ago I was invited to a Pinterest Party.  I'm planning a separate post about the party with pictures (details on how it was held, projects selected, etc).  Until then, I wanted to share one of my completed projects. 

One project the group decided on was canvas photos.  I have done several of these already, even given them as gifts in the past.  So, it wasn't anything new to me, but the party did give me alone time to get some done.  I actually ended up making 3 photo canvases and prepping to other canvases for some mixed media art with photos.  Two photo canvases are for my kitchen - that's another post coming.  The others are all for Timothy's room.  The mixed media pieces I am still working on, but I wanted to share the third canvas I made including its holder.

Supplies: 8x10 canvas (craft supply), Sailboat blue paint dabber (Ranger), ribbon (SU), wooden plaque, wooden spool, and helicopter (Hobby Lobby), Storybook Creator (CM)

I wanted a picture of Timothy as a baby to remind him that even from the very beginning we have loved him so very much.  This is one of my favorite photos of him with the soft colors and his sleeping peacefulness.  In Storybook Creator, I added a saying I found on Pinterest. 

I changed the wording slightly to "We saw you for like 3 seconds...and it made our world..." to more accurately reflect our feelings.  I want my boys to never doubt how much their momma and daddy love them. 

Now that I had my photo, I simply used Mod Podge Matte to glue the photo to the canvas.  Since I had printed the photo on glossy paper, I did not Mod Podge on top of the entire photo.  I only did the edges to make sure they were sealed to the canvas.  Once that dried I used my paint dabber to paint the edges.  I was a little messy with this step on purpose.  I wanted to distress the photo too, so you can see some blue paint along the edges of photo.  After the paint dried, I choose my ribbon and stapled it to the back of the canvas.  My canvas was now complete - they are easier than you think!  

The final step was to make the holder.  I purchased a wooden plaque, wooden spool, and helicopter icon from Hobby Lobby.  I painted the plaque the same color as my canvas edges.  This just happened to work out perfectly with my helicopter!  I used super glue to attach the wooden spool to the helicopter and plaque, making sure to keep the spool hidden. 

And there you have it - my finished canvas with its own holder!  Now if I could just get the husband to actually hang it up!

TFL and keep creating!

Comments