Finding a New Normal


Sorry for the long absence!  I was busy preparing for and having this little guy...

(Photo courtesy of A Joy Photography)

Jacob joined us 2 weeks early and caught us off-guard!  It has taken a bit to get used to having two children in the house.  And because we like a challenge, we decided to shake up our older son's life - besides making him a big brother!  By the way, Timothy is great at it.  He loves to help and likes holding Jacob.  Little brother is completely in awe of Timothy, always searching for Timothy when he hears Timothy's voice.  I love this portrait of them together - captivated by each other!

(Photo courtesy of A Joy Photography)

Other ways we shook Timothy's world - he is now in a "big boy" room.  The move has been in work since Christmas.  We finally finished the room enough for him to move into.  I'm loving the way the room looks with its transportation theme.  I've got a few more projects to finish and I'll show you the finished room. 

Timothy also started school/daycare.  Previously, he has stayed at home with his grandfather, aka "Tata".  We felt it was time for him to start socializing more and have more structured learning.  So we searched and found a place close to the house.  Tata now watches Jacob for us.  (Yes, we could have also put Jacob in daycare, but I love the one-on-one attention my babies get!)  Timothy loves his school.  The first week we actually had a hard time getting him to leave.  It was so stressful for this hormonal momma after having Jacob!  We are at a happy balance now - he loves going in the morning, but is happy when we pick him up.

Lastly, Timothy is in the  middle of potty-training. He has shown interest since before he turned 2.  We definitely encouraged this interest and he used the potty off and on since then.  In mid-July, we really focused on it.  I was actually going to wait until he had been in school for another month, but his teachers felt he was ready.  So we took the plunge.  It has been up and down, but we are getting there.  It definitely takes a lot of patience and focus.  Once we did that, it has been easier.  He still has his days, but who doesn't?

All this going on while we find our new normal.  We seem to be there now.  Jacob has fallen into a nice schedule.  After a few weeks back at work, we have a good weekday routine down.  The weekends are for catching up and resting.

What does this mean?  You should start to see more posts for me.  I've been feeling creative and motivated.  I have posts in work with projects I completed while on maternity leave.  I am making a point to take at least an hour most nights to have some me time - which typically translates to crafting.  We'll see how it goes.  If my posts continue to be sporadic, I apologize - I'm busy creating my best masterpiece, my life!

TFL and keep creating!

Comments