Project Life 2012

Have you heard of Project Life?  After reading so much about it from other scrapbook bloggers, I decided to try it this year.  I asked for it for Christmas, but the hubby was too scared to buy the wrong colors or something.  He played the safe route and just gave me an Amazon gift card to get exactly what I wanted.  Before I went to sleep on Christmas I HAD to place my Project Life order.  I HAD to have it for January 1.  I couldn't start the year behind!

I have actually been pretty good at doing my weekly pages, but obviously not on blogging them!  It doesn't help that the weather has been yucky so I've been struggling to get good pictures.

But finally, here is the cover and week 1:

Cover Page
I used some extra supplies on the cover page to personalize the album.  I included individual shots of each person and a family picture.  On the red card in the upper right, using Tiny Type alphabet stickers, I also spelled out our names.  Since we are starting the year with the three of us, I don't think I will change the cover, but I left myself options in case I change my mind.  There is room to add the new baby's name to the red card and I can replace the green card with an individual shot of the baby.
 
 Above is the left side of week 1 and below is the right.  On these pages, mainly stuck to the Project Life Core Kit.  I used a brown pen as well as a white.  I really liked the white on the photos and on the darker cardstock.  The only other extra was the "Good Times" rub-on.  I'm already planning an edit to the left page.  I missed a picture on my phone I really wanted to include.  My plan is to combine the week cards into one.  I will then add a foldout card with the picture on the outside and story inside.
Week 1

Supplies: Project Life Turquoise Edition (Becky Higgins), white pen, brown pen (CM), white Thickers (American Crafts), brown alphas (Pink Paislee), blue/white alphas (Cosmo Cricut)
I am loving Project Life so far! Besides being creative, it is also helping me develop better habits.  Habits I've been trying to cultivate for a while.  I'm downloading pictures from my camera once a week.  Using my photo printer once a week to print out the pics I'm going to use (as opposed to sending huge batches off to be printed somewhere).  Writing down the little things during the week so I'll be sure to capture them.  Most importantly, I am getting it done!  I'm still playing catch up with PILES of projects in my scrapbook room, but capturing 2012 is not one of them.  What do you think?  Are you ready to try Project Life??

TFL and keep creating!!

Comments