Playing Catch Up

To say it's been a while is an understatement!  Life has been so busy, but I've been creating too.  Instead of one long post, I'll try to do several short posts to show some of my handiwork.

On this post I want to focus on a 2-page layout I did for my son's first birthday.  We did a first year photo shoot and I wanted to capture those fun pictures. Inspiration for my layout came from two different sketches.  One sketch I used on the left page and a different sketch on the right.  By using using coordinating papers and drawing from the rows of paper, these two sketches came together naturally. 

The sketch for the left page is Creative Scrappers Sketch #156.

Here's my take of the sketch:
I left the journaling on the right, but moved everything else to the left.  This allows the journaling to flow across both pages.  The splattered paint may not be obvious in this picture, but I sprayed Perfect Pearls Forever Red on the background. 

For the right side, I used the Sketch #8 (May Sketch Challenge) from Get Picky.

Here's my take of the sketch:
For this sketch I switched the flowers to stars and added some journaling strips in the bottom left.  I also removed the title since I put that on the left page.

A few more pictures showing details of the pages:


Supplies: Birthday Backgrounds (House of 3), Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (Cricut), star punches (Creative Memories), Thickers (American Crafts)

TFL and keep creating!

Comments