Lawnscaping Challenge #12

I have recently discovered Lawn Fawn stamps and have fallen in love! I love the simple, clean designs and can't wait to add more to my collection.  Besides creating fantastic stamps, Lawn Fawn also hosts a challenge blog - {Lawn}scaping Challenge.


Each month they post 2 challenges and encourage the use of Lawn Fawn products. The second challenge in June was a sketch challenge.  You can read details about the current challenge here.  Below is the sketch:

So many ideas flew thru my head when I saw the sketch.  Since my aunt just brought a new home, I decided to make a house warming card.  Her favorite color is purple so that made the card even easier.  Here is my take on the sketch...

 Supplies: Kraft cardstock (Recollections), purple and white cardstock (craft supply),
How Delightful stamp set (Lawn Fawn), frame sticker (Glitz), Seam Binding ribbon (SU),
Black ink (Staz-On), Milled Lavendar distress ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), purple rhinestones (Recollections), Scallop border punch (SU)

A couple of notes on the card....

First, the ribbon started off as Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon from Stampin' Up.  I simply dyed it to match my card (it has a brown undertone in the picture, but in real life is a pale purple/lavendar).  I rubbed some Milled Lavendar distress ink directly onto my craft mat.  Then using a mini-mister filled with water, I wetted my ribbon.  I wiped up the distress ink with my dampened ribbon.  The ribbon will soak up all the color.  You can either let the ribbon dry naturally or heat set.  Such an easy way to have perfectly matching ribbon!

Second, the sticker frame is actually "waste".  It is spacer material between two other stickers.  It was also the perfect size for my card.  Just a reminder to look past the obvious - even the supposed waste can be useful!

Too bad, blogger went down last night and I didn't get to enter my card!  I still got a card finished though.  Can't wait to get some crafting down on this extended weekend!

As always, TFL and keep creating!

Comments