Mood Goggles and Lily Pads Inspiration Challenge #2

Mood goggles?  You are probably wondering what I'm talking about.  Mood goggles are the "glasses" that shroud your vision based on your mood.  Kinda like rose-colored glasses, but not just the happy, good things.   Like when you are feeling lonely and all you see are couples or families - you are seeing the world through mood goggles.  

Right now, I think I have my mood goggles on.  You see, yesterday I received some sad news as my great-aunt had passed away.  I had just taken my son to visit her only a few hours before when my mom called.  Although we knew it was coming, I still wasn't prepared.  Who ever is?

I spent the rest of the evening quietly playing with my son and hugging him alot.  I'm glad he's only 17 months and doesn't mind.  After putting him down for the night, I decided to make a card.  Initially it was going to be a sympathy card, but I couldn't.  How could I offer sympathy to my aunt, who is also my Godmother, and my cousins, when I needed some sympathy too?  I can only imagine the pain they are going through, but it doesn't make my pain any less real.  In a few days, I will try again.

I decided to try to cheer myself up.  I remembered there was an Embossing Challenge on Lily Pad Cards, but I only had an hour to make the card, take pics, make a blog post, and submit my link.  Honestly, I knew I didn't have a shot, but I went for it anyway.

I wanted a happy card, so I gravitated toward yellow and pink and flowers.  I also decided to make it a birthday card.  It took me forever though.  Nothing looked or felt right.  I am wondering if it is my mood though?  I am seeing my card as I normally would or do I have mood goggles on?  Is my vision tainted with sadness right now?  I don't know.  The few people I have shared the card with like it.  I'm the only one who seems frustrated with it.

I finally reached a point when I said I was done.  After taking pics and downloading them to the computer, I realized I was 10 min late already - no embossing challenge for me.  Luckily, today's Lily Pad Challenge is their monthly Inspiration Challenge.  For this challenge, you can create any card as long as it was inspired by something seen on Lily Pad during that month.  So here is my entry, inspired by all the lovely embossing done this month....



Supplies: White cardstock (Recollections), Yellow cardstock (Bazzill), Manhattan Flower embossing folder (SU - Sizzix), Pink Piourette and So Saffron ink pads (SU), Sincere Salutations stamp set (SU), Versamark ink pad, white embossing powder (Ranger), white pearls (Recollections), brayer

There you have it.  What do you think?  Do I have mood goggles on?

Comments

  1. Cassaundra,
    I thank you for sharing the story behind this card. I am sorry to hear of your sadness at this moment in your life, but I think your card is an amazing creation inspired by love.
    Hugs and prayers to you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow and pink and flowers make for a really lovely card. I'm so glad you stuck with it and thanks for sharing your story, too. I'm glad you are playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? I would love to hear what you think!