Is it me or is Lent dragging by?

18 more days until Easter and I am seriously counting down the days.  This Lenten season has really been a struggle for me.  Usually by now, I'm over it - whatever I gave up is gone and I'm not missing it.  I've realized how my life and my soul is better for it.  This year I gave up two things for Lent - biting my nails and buying crafting goodies.  I never realized how often I stop at the scrapbook store or a fabric store until now.  It is always in my mind that I can't go to the store.  So, I'm trying to keep busy, but I don't know if it is helping or hurting.  I'm coming home and really trying to tackle all the projects I have in the works and I'm making progress.  This is good, but at the same time, it makes me think "This would be better if I had {something I would need to buy}."  Or "OMG!  This is so easy and I love it - I need to make another using {something else I don't have}."  Killing me!!!  It doesn't help that all the new products lines started popping up in stores the first week of Lent.

And as I sit here typing this, I am starting to feel a little ashamed.  I mean, I can't get over not going to a store to spend money on things I don't need for a short period of time?  What is my problem?  Jesus Christ gave up His life for me without complaint.  What on earth do I have to complain about??   No, seriously, what do I have to complain about?  Nothing.  I have been incredibly blessed in my life and continue to blessed everyday.  The Lord is teaching me a lesson here, I just need to open my heart to receive it.  Hopefully, once I do, Lent will go a little faster ; )

Comments