Fresh Starts

2011 is about 19 days old and I've already been on vacation and visited another country!!  Whoop! Good start to the year.  Although I was slightly disappointed to not get a Canadian stamp in my passport.  Apparently you need a passport to go to Canada, but they don't mark that you actually went in.  Go figure!

While on vacation I purged all work budget items from my brain and really thought about what I want this year.  I thought about the second blog I wanted to make that focused on my family, all the projects in my mind, classes I want to take, where I want to go with Junk Masterpieces, being a better mother and wife, re-prioritizing our life, and getting it together (whatever that means!).  Fortunately my husband is on board and has really being stepping up around the house.  Our resolution to get organized as a family is off and running.

When I started this blog, I struggled with keeping my family life separate from my creative life.  Then I would look at my blog and it felt so impersonal - not what I wanted at all.  I kept telling my husband I would create a second blog just about our family, but I had a hard enough time updating one blog.  I can't imagine adding another to my load.  That's when it hit me - Junk Masterpieces isn't just about the things I make, it is also my life.  My greatest masterpiece will be the life that I live and the legacy I leave behind.  I have all this "junk" in my life - work, bowling, being a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a niece, scrapbooking, reading, exercising, etc., etc - which all combine to form the masterpiece that is my life.  My artistic adventures are only a small piece of the puzzle.  From here on out, I want the show you the whole picture- not just a small piece.

So what does that mean?  Mainly that there will be more family stories and photos.  The lessons I have learned as I navigate thru motherhood.  I have lots of fun ideas to implement on the blog - monthly features, giveaways, etc.  All things to be rolled out soon.  Be on the lookout!

Here's to 2011!

Comments